Monday, May 19, 2014

DATE DAY~~ WE WENT TO A LAND DOWN UNDER!

It are Blogville Date Day, brought to us courtesy of Sarge!


Me and my BFF, Whitley, went on a plutotonical date with that handsome bloke from down under, Charlie! Isn't he swoonable?


His girlfriend, Enid, had been MIA for awhile and Charlie had been searchin' and searchin' fur his favorite Shelia... to no avail. Well, bein' smart Texas gals, Whitley and me wuz "johnny on the spot" and offered to stand in fur Enid... plutotonically, of course. The date evolved into a big pawsome party with a lot of cute blokes added to the mix, Zoe from Idunno, and some friends of Charlie's from Austrailia-- 2 blokes and a Shelia named Flossie! The more the merrier, I always say!

You can read all about the flight down to Oz on Whitley's blog... here... and the whole pawsome date on Charlie's blog here. OMD! Crikey, it were the best time evfur!! There were so many blokes on the date -- and so few Shelias--- well, I always luvs those kinds of odds!! The odds were good, even if the goods were odd-- bol! Just kiddin' fellas-- ya knows I luvs y'all. Besides Charlie, Zaidie, also known as HunBun to all the Shelias, (I's kinda had a thang fur HunBun fur years but he is always bein' distracted by those flutterin' eyelashes of Zoe's... look at him, isn't he cute? There's somethin' about a pup in a kilt!)

loaned us his jet, and flew ovfur to Scotland to pick up the handsome, charming,cute, debonair, suave, and delightful Bertie!! Isn't he just such a Spunk? (is that right, Charlie? duz dat mean good lookin'?)

HunBun also picked up Buddy from Canookistan, Zoe , of the flutterin' eyelashes, from Idunno, Mr. Jack Freckles from Mitch Again (isn't he dashing??? Gotta luv a varmint killer par excellence!).....


and the adorable Puff Darby, stuffy king! 


We wuz all missin' his beeyoutifull sisfur, Coco Rose, but we were so glad that Puffy went on our adventure with us. When we landed in Oz we met up with Flossie (anudder Westie!) and Clancy and Paddy and of course, our handsome host, Charlie!


Well, Charlie detailed the date, Whit the flight out, and it's my job to tell ya abouts the flight home... or at least our leg of da trip!

Furst, we boarded Zaidiecakes' lear jet... well, luckily Z-pup had brought along an extra pilot, cuz he were in no shape to fly da plane hisself! Dis were a great idea, cuz den we could all continue da pawtee on da way home cuz da pilot had been sleepin' whilst (got that one from Bertie!) we had been pawteein'!!! 

In honor of Charlie and his favorite Bellbirds, I mixed up a batch of Bellbird Cocktails... Here are da recipe, if any of ya wants to try dis at home...

Bellbird Cocktail
1 oz. Silver Rum
1 oz. Gold Rum
1/2 oz. Creme de Cassis ( or Raspberry Liquer)
1 oz. Cranberry Juice
1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 cup Crushed Ice

Put it all in a cocktail shaker, shake, and pour into a glass or better yet, a Tiki Mug! 

Everyone wuz feelin' tired, happy, and very, very grateful to Charlie fur da most pawsomest of dates/adventures! It were so terrierific to spend time with all these very specialest furiends! Zaidie brought out his Karaoke machine-- oh dat wuz funny! Da more cocktails da pups drank, da more everyfur startin' singin' along! Later, Bertie regaled us all with his bloody good imitation of Benny Hill-- OMD, he is such a card!!  Zoe wuz flutterin' dose lashes of hers so much I wuz afeared she had developed a tic or sumthin'!! (And I ain't talkin' da blood-suckin' kind!)-- Ya think she'd of been worn out by her "adventure" in da bush with Clancy, but apparently, she were just warmin' up!!! Puffy wuz too busy countin' and protectin' his new stuffies to pay her much mind, but it didn't keep her from tryin'!! Buddy wuz plum worn out, and soon he wuz snorin' so loud dat we had to work our convos around his basso profundo snores!!

Our first stop wuz to touch down in New Mexico, where we deposited a sleepy and well-fed  Puffy and stuffies! As we had crossed into American airspace, Whitley and me went into the galley and whipped up some breakfast tacos fur da pups fur brekkie, we dinn't want anyone to have a "dingo's breakfast"!! ...


And they wuz only da beginnin'-- we wanted to make sure da pups all got home, safe and sound, and well fed! So we brought out some bacon from da New Braunfels Smokehouse... along with some Canadian bacon fur our Canookian furiends!


We also served up a variety of Mimosas and Bloody Marys...


We wuz preparin' to land at Luv Field, so we gave the pups still on board their boxes of beef jerky that we had already given to Charlie and his Aussie mates, and Puffy before he deplaned in New Mexico. Here is photo of our departin' presents....


Hope everbuddy else had as good a time as Whitley and me... it wuz, without a doubt, da bestest date evfur!!! It were bonzer-- it were grouse-- it were a ripper date!!! Thanks heaps, Charlie!! ( and a special smoocheroo to dat cutiepie, Bertie!!)

Bark ya later, gators!!!







26 comments:

  1. Tee-hee! I got some of both kinds of bacon, on account of that I am part Canuckian, cause growlmy is from up there, BOL!

    I had a big nap when I gotted home...and then I had to help the peeps do yard duty, good thing cause it is raining right now.
    Now I am in nap mode again!

    Thanks for the date affair, Charlie. It was super, and it was fun having purdy gal pups with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you could come on da trip Down Under, Freckles!! It was a ripper, wasn't it???

      Delete
  2. Crikey, dis date day were all kindsa fun! It were a real bonzer time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a date! A perfect mix of tasty food, romance and adventure... oh and a well mixed cocktail too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Easy, it were da perfect mix of fun-- thanks to Charlie!

      Delete
  4. OMD! We were over at Charlie's earlier and he was tellin' us all about the fabulous date. Boy, did Enid miss out! Sounds like everyone had an out of this world date!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that she did. Maybe next time he writes entries about her and leaves tons of comments on her page searchin' fur her, she'll show up BEFORE the date instead of after! BOL!

      Delete
  5. Crikey Finley ..... thankyou so much for being my date. You and Whitley are the best. I wish I could have been on the trip home.You and Whitley can cook, too???? Fair dinkum .... you sure are a couple of supa Sheilas. I would have liked to try one of those bellbird cocktails. AND thankyou so much for my pressie. I LOVE that beef jerky stuff. How'd you know????? Crikey that Bertie was a good sort, aye? Quite the character and .... yes .... quite a spunk!! What a great time we all had!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, me and Whitley is purdy good cooks,and masters of the barbeque grill-- I think y'all call it a barbie-- we use charcoal and wood chunks to give it that jen-you-ine flavor!! And we did have the best time evfur!!

      Delete
  6. BEST TIME EFUR!
    Woot! I got to eat BACON an din't get the pantiesrtightus or nuffin.

    When can we go again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, dis are pantiesrtightus-free bacon!!!

      Delete
    2. Crikey ..... you're sure a goer, aye, Zoe? Can we get over this one first??

      Delete
  7. Finley I read all about your date with Charlie. Why he had both you and Whitely on each paw how lucky could a guy get. And that dinner under the star light in the Outback. I told him the Outback is a restaurant ~ steak house ~ in the USA. You got to fly over there oh it was just wonderful wonderful.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sweet William! I read all about you makin' Jazzi's dreams come true! You is da bestest kind of boyfuriend!

      pee ess.... Don't say nuthin' to Addi about Bertie... she looks like she could eat me fur lunch... it wouldn't be without a fight, cuz I's a terrier, after all, but she's kinda built fur chompin' down on somethin'... and I hope it ain't gonna be me!

      Delete
  8. Finley, I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed our 'plutonical' date. But I fear that if my girlfriend Addi gets to hear about it, things might just turn volcanic….(Sorry, geology boffin joke there).
    Oh but you did mix a mean cocktail, whilst the pilot was asleep. And I am saying nothing about Benny Hill. (Really, is he still shown in the USA?!)
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS As for me being a 'spunk', well perhaps you had better Google what that means in British 'vulgar slang'. Or on the other hand, perhaps you shouldn't...

      Delete
    2. Well, yeah, but I was using Aussie slang which means you are one good lookin' dude...'round these parts we would call ya a stud muffin...

      And I got me a good look at dat Addi gal of yours... she's skeery! She looks like she could eat me fur brekkie!!

      Guess I'll have to go back to admirin' ya from afar....sigh...

      Wonder if I can distract Zaidiecakes from Zoe's flutterin' eyelashes?

      Delete
    3. Oh maybe I should look closer to home? Dat Sully scottie pup is one good lookin' dude and is from 'round these parts...

      Delete
    4. I dunno, Finwey. Wheneber Zoe r neer me my LWD heart skips a buncha beats an' da bwood wushes tu my 'dorable LWD noggin! I can nod sweep or eat or nuffin cuz hur r stucked in my bwain. I hab it weel bad. Um, yu r nod gonna tell hur, wite? Well, WITE????

      Delete
  9. All we can say is Wow, you all had the bestest time!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time-- maybe next time ya gals can join up and help us evfun up da numbers!

      Delete
    2. Crikey Finley .... great minds think alike, aye? I already asked 'em ...

      Delete
  10. Whew...What a fun date Finley!! Some times going out as friends is the bestest!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....