Thursday, February 8, 2018

Howdy pups! And a tribute fur Freckles...

Yep, it's me, Finley.... I's  still here, itchin' and a'scratchin'! I finally got my Momma to get off her duff and write me an entry. So much has happened in the months and months since I last got to bark. I guess most of ya follow Kinley and da LoneStarCats so ya knows dat my dad had brain surgery and wuz in da hospital. Mom's been bein' his showfur fur months now and she is beyond tired of dat, BOL, BOL...'specially since he thinks she's a taxi or sumthin' and always supposed to be ready to drop evfurrythang and run to pick him up. Well, he gets his cat-a-racks removed next week and will be drivin' himself... not soon enuf fur my Momma. I didn't evfun know da cats had racks or dat dey sumhow wuz messin' up his eyesight but I'm glad dey's gettin' removed... a happy Momma makes a happy Finley and Brinley and gives her more time to devotes to us.  Here's sum fotos of us dat Momma took 'round Chrismus... she are so lazy she hazn't uploaded any of her more recent ones...

Me, Finley


Fuzzbucket Kinley

Bratty Brinley


Yeah, I calls her Bratty Brinley cuz fur sum reesun, she thinks if I growls my Momma, she needs protectin' and she's da one to do it. I's just old and grouchy and I's got da rights to growl... sheesh, teachin' dese young'uns who's da boss is a full time job. At least Brinley has finally learned to skruff once she poops... I thought neither one of 'em would evfur learn dat!! Skruffin' is a very important skill dat seems to be lost on da younger generashun... well, at least it wuz  till Brinley finally started payin' attenshun and figgered it out. 


And now fur sum very sad news.... Mr. Jack Freckles, our buddy from our days on Dogster, has crossed ovfur da Rainbow Bridge. We sure are gonna miss him and are sendin' big hugs to his Growlmy and all his furmily...


This one's fur you, Freckles...


Bark ya later, gators.... 

Finley & Brinley
...

17 comments:

  1. Crikey Finley ..... we sure are going to miss Mr JF Sir, aye? What good times we all had on Dogster. There’s not many of the old ones left now. There must be some great reunions going on at the bridge, aye?. I was a bit of a new comer right at the end but our Harri and Lucy were there forever. I hope they and Whitley are showing Freckles around. Good luck to your Dad for his cat-a-racks surgery. I sure hope it goes well. Those dam cats!! It’s ALWAYS their fault, aye???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What da MEOW??? We had NUFFIN to do wif it. But, if he can't see too well, it duz make it easier to steal his food. So, maybe we need to take advantage dis week.

      Delete
  2. I still don't understand dis whole scruffin thing. Course I gets confused about why I are outside period sometimes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like your brinley I often growl at my daddy when he tries to come between and the mama ;o)
    We are so sad for MJF... the mama looks for words but there are just tears...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Finley, its wonderful to hear frum you.
    Its good to hear your Dad are out and about after his surgery even if Momma are having to wear the chauffeurs uniform thingy (she's such a pawsome sewer I bet she made the uniform herself right?)
    Sorry to hear the sad news about MJF, I am just going to trot over to his blog to leave a message for his peeps
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so sorry to hear about your friend, Mr Jack Freckles. Life is never long enough for us pups.
    Paws are crossed that your dad aces his cataract removal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    OOOOHHH Finley - how wonderfurs to see you up on your own page today!!! I think you are beautifurs and have a right to growl occasionally - it's a privilege of we older wummin, right??? I am glad that your daddy is getting better and better and that there will be even more better after the eyes are done.

    Sorry to hear of your friend's departure. I never got to know Jack, but I do send condolence to all who now miss him.

    Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you Finley. You keep those youngsters in order won't you.
    Tell your Dad we hope his his cateract surgery goes well. Gail says her mother complained after hers were done that her glasses were no longer any use for watching the TV. But when Gail asked her if she could see the TV without the glasses she said yes, quite clearly. There's no pleasing some folk is there?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Jack Freckles was a dear friend who shall be dearly missed.
    Brain surgery then them cateracts why from the neck up Daddy has sure needed the help. Hopefully when they get taken away Mama can get back to not being a Ubar.
    We love the heat wallpaper looks so festive.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to hear from you Finley! Seems like you've been through a lot in the last few months. Glad Dad is doing better now. We were so shocked and saddened to hear about MJF. He was a good friend to us too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finley...we think you've EARNED your right to be growly and grumpy sometimes! As for scruffin', Dui is ALWAYS scruffin'....drives HER nuts on a walk. Sometimes he just gets in the 'scruffin' zone' and forgets we're on a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't understand what the cat's racks have to do with your daddy driving either, but we're happy that it's good news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BOL...Rosy is finally skruffin' too...I thought she would never learn!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our mom has been lazy too. She is not dealing well with Sid's TCC. We hope that your dad is totally on the road to recovery and we see more of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for this tribute, Finley and Brinley...and of course your sisfur and kitty furblings, too. Petcretary says she feels like a line as been cut...sigh...but love will help get it back together again. And there is much of that going on here. Thanks for the kind comments here, above from all those who knew and didn't know me even! Wow. And for the facebook shutout. Its all much appreciated. Petcretary will try and make a post when she has less leaky eyes...


    Maybe you need to teach Dalton about that 'scruffing' stuff, Finley. MJF couldn't do it anymore so he didn't teach Dalton...

    Its good to read that your Dad is coming along. Once he gets the cats out of his eyes (BOL), it should be much better, too:)

    Purrs & Waggles (Waggles happen when you only have a stubby tail, so that the wags become wiggles..wiggles and wags = Wagggles! BOL!)
    Pipo, Dalton & Petcretary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear from you Finley. Yeah, it will be good when your dad can drive again! I must admit I do not skruff but Stanley does. He's real cocky about it too. Maybe I will try it next time.

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart.
    Happy Valentine's Day Finley and Brinley!
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....