Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rain, rain, go away....

Well, it are rainin' here today, and as some of ya who know me better know, I don't do rain. Nope, hate it, hate wet grass, tippy-toe thru it like it is a disease. So we is stuck inside wiff no zombie patrol and a nasty gray day outside. Fur some reason, Momma thought it would be a good time to waterboard me... I think dat dumb rain gave her the ideer wiff all da drip, drip, drippin' it wuz doin' on da skylight... sigh......

So I got waterboarded in Dad's shower, using da new shampoo wiff da Evenin' Primrose Oil and den swaddled all up like a baby in layers of towels and put in da middle of Momma and Daddy's bed to wait fur my clothes to come outta da dryer. Here's my AFTER picshure, all clean and sweet smellin'...


I's smilin' cuz I's glad da torture is ovfur!! Well, not really ovfur since it are still rainin' and Momma just drug me out to do my bidness... which I hate doin' on a wet canvas. You would think she could dry the lawn fur me or sumthin'... nope. Wet grass. Yuck.

In better news, my ear hematoma has gone down... all by itself (well, along with some Traumeel liquid I took, too).. no cuttin', no stitchin, no pain. It were my right ear, and you can see in the photo above that almost all da puffiness is history... 


I wanted to share dis photo of a re-bloomin bearded iris we gots in da front yard. It are kinds unusual dat da "repeat" iris actually do repeat fur us here in da Big D area.


Speakin' of da garden, Momma has ordered a kazillion bulbs fur plantin' fur Spring blooms... toolips and dutch iris and daffydils... along wiff da daylilies she gots in pots and da bearded irises in pots, too, dat are a whole lot of gardenin' she gots to do in da next coupla months. She are gonna be one bizzee bee and I's gonna be bizzee snoozin on da lounger-- I mean snoopervisin' her work... She gots to go put da toolips in da fridge fur chillin' cuz it don't get cold enuff here...bol!

I met a new pup on here recently, name of Frisbee Bradley... Frisbee writes some real entertainin' entries and I sure would appreciamatate it if y'all could go ovfur and visit Frisbee's blog and leave a comment.... new bloggers can always use some encouragement, ya know? (Just click on da link-- Frisbee's name...)


Bark ya later, gators!!

36 comments:

  1. Cinnamon said she'd call the humane society if you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... dat might work... but wiff all da lawyers round here, dey would probably claim it were in my best interest or sumthin'...

      Delete
  2. Can you get everyone to go outside and blow those clouds down here? We need some rain badly.

    Can't believe you had a bath AND rain...sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We needs da rain, too... we's been in a drought. I just hates it, though... wet grass is da worst!!

      Delete
  3. Crikey Finley ..... that primrose stuff must work real good. You look SQUEAKY clean in that photo. Shame it's raining and you can't get out to roll in something to make yourself smell good again, aye?? That Iris sure is beautiful. It looks squeaky clean too. I got an Aunty Iris. She's not so squeaky clean. She's the 'black sheep' of the family. I'm going to head on over to frisbee Bradley to say g'day. I'm a thinkin' he likes frisbees, aye? Am I right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't roll in da stinky stuff... I figgered out a long time ago dat only leads to more waterboardin' and I gits enuff of dat already!!

      Delete
  4. Is that special shampoo how you stay gleaming white? You have such sparkly furs! I hope the grass dries out soon for you!
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It are a new shampoo Momma are tryin' out on me... it is supposed to help me not be so itchy...seems to be workin' a little bit...

      Delete
  5. You look beautiful Finley!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... WATER Torture Indoor and Outdoors also. THAT is kinda disturbing.

    BUTT you DO look lovely.

    You should have your new furend to go to Blogville's new WELCOME WAGON Blog... THAT is a super way to get KNOWN around Town... I think there is a thingy to Link to on Murphy and Stanley's Blog and on Angel Jazzi's Blog fur sure.

    We have Never heard of reblooming IRIS... they are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think she already went to da Welcome Wagon, but we didn't see any other pups commentin' on her blog but me and Whitley...

      Delete
  7. Hey Fin! yep I hates the rain too and to make things worse mom had to got to work and leave me home by myself. She knows I don't like bad weather well at least it wasn't thundering. Sorry you had to get waterboarded today but you sure do look nice and shinny.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think we's supposed to git more of dis wet stuff tomorrow, too, Sully... I knows we needs it, but I still hates it!!

      Delete
  8. Bilbo sooooooo gets it about the rain Finley!! He tip toes through it too!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma laffs cuz I stands on 3 feets -- hey, I's tryin' to keep at least one paw dry!!

      Delete
  9. You're so fluffy! It's raining here, too and Mom says it's time for it to go away. She says we bring most of it inside BOL Sorry about the water boarding, but yay for the ear hematoma getting better! Stay dry!

    Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tries but it are not ez when yer Momma or Reserve Momma (dat are Whitley's momma who are also my Momma's daughter) drags ya outside against yer will to do the yard art!

      Delete
  10. Sowwy yous had to go outside on da wet gwass and got waterboarded even. OMC Dat's just not wight, not wight at all. MOL But yous do look mighty gawjus all cleaned up and spiffy now. Hope yous hav a pawsum week.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You kitties have it ez wiff yer indoor baffrooms boxes...

      Delete
  11. Looking good, post-bath, I must say Finley. And so pleased to hear your ear is nearly better. Hope it stops raining soon. I guess it probably will, since you don't live in Scotland.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... yep, I guess I shouldn't complain 'bout rain to you, should I? Rain is da norm 'round dose parts!!

      Delete
  12. I'm glad I don't gotta go out in da rain or get waterboarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you and Crockett gots it made... kitty baffrooms inside and no waterboardin'!!

      Delete
  13. At least ya smell better.

    Wish I got a baff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know ya duz.

      You know dat's weird, right???

      Delete
    2. It are not weird, it are called bein you-neek.

      Delete
  14. I know what you mean about the rain, I got all muddy on my walkies and they stuck me in the sink ! The sink !!!!! Don't they know I'm a Princess, shouldn't it be goats milk in a baff ?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some of dem fancy bubble-makin' stuffs Momma puts in her baff!! Ya think they could at least do it up right!!

      Delete
  15. Hey Finley! Look at you all spiffed up!! We cannot STAND rain or wet grass. One of us got in trouble because we accidentally pooped in the house...near the door...but we didn't get our feet wet. Mama was pretty mad though... Happy Friday!! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bol!! I's been known to try to get away wiff blamin' "Not Me" fur yard art bein' installed indoors... dat's why dey drag me out in da rain and won't let me come in until I duz my bidness!

      Delete
  16. We think you look beautiful, too bad you had to get water-boarded! We just left a message for Whitley concerning a pawsition in our administration. As we understand it you two live together? If so do you both want to share the same pawsition (fashion)? Please let us know cuz we want to find the pawfect pawsition for yous!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rain...yuck!
    I just dash out and get it done real quick-like, nevfur mind that its on the sidewalk., BOL!!

    Then I roll and roll on the carpet to dry off...or along the furniture edges, that feels good! You should try that...but only if peeps not watching....

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are sorry about the water boarding but you do smell nice after the boarding. We are glad you thing a mugchig is gone and not bothering you. Hoping for sunny days

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi dere! It's rain here tu...Whens we wents fur our walks wiffs Mom me and sissy Pickie hads tu wear our wrain jackets. we gots matchin wrain jackets dey are pink and black and dey have nice warm stuff on da insides tu keeps us warms. How yu?

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....