Sunday, October 5, 2014

My buddy Maurice.... he's fading fast....

Hi pups and kitties... I know Whitley and da orange boys have told y'all 'bout how Maurice is doing and it ain't good.

He seemed to be feeling worse today.... not even interested in the tuna broth my Momma made him... and dat kitty luved da tuna!

Da hoomans are thinking dey may have to help Maurice cross da Bridge tomorrow and take him in to Dr. Shawn...

First I'm gonna show ya some recent photos of my Maurice...


My Momma and Maurice... I think she were talkin' to him here... hope she weren't singin'-- he's sufferin' enuff already....


Even sick, he still are gorgeous....


I know this one is fuzzy, but I includes it cuz I wanted to show how much Crockett luvs MoMan... he sure is gonna miss him.... Sometimes it seems like he unnerstands dat Mo ain't feelin' good, and sometimes he don't-- I had to chase him offa Maurice once last night. But he are a kitten and still learnin' things... 

Oh noes... I just realized Travis is gonna be his only role model... dere goes all da food in da house.

Today they took Maurice out into da sunshine in da backyard. He is an indoor kitty and ain't nevfur been outside.... he ain't nevfur evfun tried to go outside... he wuz happy just bein' wiff his Momma....
Momma sez she noticed dat his black fur was iridescent... shone with blue and green highlights like a black swallowtail butterfly or a crow feather... so pretty.... He seemed to perk up a bit outside...



Ya can see how much thinner he is in these photos than da ones I's gonna post below... dey is some of my favorite photos of da big dude....





Here he is with Charlie and Jezebel-- we thought it would be a dozen years before he joined them at the Rainbow Bridge.....



Dis photo was July-- see how different he looked?

And I'm gonna close wiff one of my favorite memories..  It wuz last Christmas, after all da present openin'.... me and Maurice sittin' in front of da window, tryin' to come up wiff a plan to rid da Earth of Sassy Skwirrel, right outside da window.... I wuz gonna chase ole Sassy right up to Maurice and let him have first pounce, den I would finish him off wiff da ole Shake Shake.... sigh......we nevfur got dat old Skwirrel but he's gone anyways....


Look at dat skwirrel-- tauntin' us on Christmas Day!

Well, I gots to go and try to comfort da hoomans... I's sure gonna miss da big guy, he were taller and longer dan me-- it were nice havin' such a big kitty furiend.... Luv ya always, Maurice...

Bark ya later, gators....







28 comments:

  1. Sendin bit hugs an luv to yu all.
    Life is so not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe... we's grateful we gots furiends like you to help us thru da tuff times...

      Delete
  2. Poor Maurice and you family. It's so sad when the bridge beckons...especially when you're young.

    We echo Zoe. Hugs to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pups.... it helps to have wunnerful furiends like yer family...

      Delete
  3. It is so good that he feels all the love from everyone right now. You are all in our thoughts at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Milton and Mr. Stubbs-- you pups are da best... all da support from our furiends is really helpin' us...

      Delete
  4. Sending lots of love and prayers
    hugs too
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Idaho pugs.... we know ya know whut we're goin' thru all too well... it just ain't right... both of them way too young....

      Delete
  5. Im so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growlmy's face windows are so wet and leaky, just like the rain outside...

    I loved seeing all those pictures in all the blogs of you and the kitties, and Whitley's.
    What love! I can feel it exuding so much.

    Your Momma was crooning a love poem to Maurice, I think.
    And how sweet that Christmas picture is...

    Sending tons of hugs and purrs and soft woofs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freckles... furiends like you and yer kitties and yer Growlmy sure help us thru da tuff times...

      Delete
  7. Sending more hugs. We wish we could do more.
    Gail and Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail and Bertie... your support means the world to us....

      Delete
  8. Oh Finley ...... As Whitley says 'dis sucks big time'. Those piccies are sure full of love, aye?? So beautiful. Our hearts are breaking for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are full of love-- Maurice was such a lovable guy... us pups is so sad... we've been guarding Maurice all Sunday and last night, too. He is going to the vet to help him cross the Bridge at 11:00 this morning....

      Delete
  9. I hope for a miracle for your friend Maurice... that's so sad that we can't do something what helps your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so sorry.

    Sending love, purrs and hugs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dese pichurs r wunnerful, Finwey. Fanks fur sharin' dem wif us. Mauwice will be missed by all whu knowed him. West in peace, my fwiend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HunBun, he sure wuz a purdy cat... and sweet, too...

      Delete
  12. I'm rather new here, but so very, very sorry to hear this. Your fur friend knows what love is, and love will sustain you after. Hugs. Abby's Mom Lin

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....