Saturday, May 18, 2019

For Our Crockett

Today woulda been Crockett's 5th Gotcha Day. It are kinda a sad day 'round here cuz he ain't here to celebrate it.... and he should be. Life are so unfair sumtimes it hurts. We is all doin' as gud as we can wiffout our lil ray of sunshine. He were just the sweetest lil feller.

Momma knew dat dis day wud hit her hard so she got together wiff Travis' & Kinley's momma to set up a blog hop to honor our little Razzberry Kitten, Crockett, by wearing orange. All of us wore orange today... my Momma,  Kinley's & Travis' Momma, Angelique's Momma,  my Dad and all us critters.

And wow, to see all da folks and critter pawticipatin' in dis memorial to our lil buddy makes me feel a  lil bit better... which is all a pup or person could ask for at such a sad time.... to know dat he touched so many lives and gave so many people a reazun to smile duz dis ole pup's heart gud. Thanks to all who have joined in da Blog Hop, worn orange, and sent and left nice messages for us all. We sure duz appreciamatates it.

Momma wouldn't let me put up her foto... says dat 5 days of crying don't do nuthin' fur a 60 year old dat anyone would want to see.

So you'll have to just make do wiff pics of me and Brinley, courtesy of Travis' & Kinley's momma... I know ya all is all tore up about dat, snort, chuckle, chuckle....



I's almost 13 years old (yep, my birthday is coming up on Wednesday) and I tells ya, dis saying good-bye stuff to yer buddy don't get no easier wiff time. I's lost too many furiends.... Hank, Charlie, Jezabel, Maurice, and Whitley.... 

And now, totally unexpectedly, Momma's lil ray of sunshine, Crockett aka Crockett da Rocket, Crockett Man, da Razzberry Kitten,  and Crockie. I knows y'all is surprised I ain't her ray of sunshine, but I is a terrier, ya know.... not all of us can be set to Happy all da time like Kinley is.  I swears, sumtimes I think her switch is stuck on just dat one setting... she can git told "bad pup" and she just smiles about it. 

Crockett did seem to glow when he wuz in da sunbeams... kinda like he was corralling all da warmth and glowiness of da sun so he could spread it evfurrywhere and cheer ya up... he wuz like dat. Momma sez he wuz a ticked tabby-- solid color on da body, not stripey, and it made him glow.

So I's posting photos of him in da sunlight, so's ya can see whut I mean... an Ode to my Momma's Sunshine Kitten....


















Thanks to evfurryone fur all da luv ya has shown us...  and our lil orange guy.

Bark ya later, gators...




11 comments:

  1. He wuz a lil ray of sunshine wuzn't he? I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure did glow, like the little sunbeam he truly was!

    Though way too early, now he's a bright shiny glowing angel kitty...sigh...sob...sheesh, we miss that rascal, we can't even get through our minds what you all feel like. Sending heaps of purrs and puppy licks. Petcretary adds tight hugs.

    Till we meet again, Crockett. You are loved and cherished forever.

    (((((((((( ♥ ))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet kitty! So sad that he had to go across the rainbow already. As the saying goes: God must have needed another angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss him, too, kitties...

    Thanks, Pipo, Benji & Dalton-- y'all are da bestest!

    Thanks, C.L.W. Step... God sure got him a sweet angel... we miss him terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hari OM
    Oh my darlings, no words from me can make any real difference in this time of loss - jus' know I has you in my heart... hugs, wags, whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a beautiful tribute to that sweetie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Yam-Aunty and Brian... the love our friends have shown our little feller has helped so much... but we are all still so sad. He really was a ray of sunshine and it's a darker world without him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these photos are just exquisite. I am still in shock....I am just so sad. I so wish I could be with all of you to offer love and hugs. Crockett will be missed more than I have the words to say. There is NO kitty like him and there never will be. We are so deeply sorry xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful tribute.

    Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos with us. He was a lovely little soul.

    Sending healing purrs and hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a loving tribute to your kitty Brofur. He sure was loved and will be missed - but I bet he is still keeping an eye on all of you. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crockett's 5th Gotcha Day was probably such a blast at the bridge. We just love the beautiful tribute that you share in his honor. Have a fantastic rest of your week.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....