Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday

So, I heard dat on Thursdays, da poets 'round here does sum poe-a-tree. I'm kinda famous (or infamous) for my limericks, so I thawt I'd join in da Thursday poems...

Today's inspurrayshun are da followin' photo--seems dey followed me da last time I wents in da forest and snapped it when I wuzn't lookin'!!


Da Tree in Da Woods

Why looky yonder, what do I see?
Dere’s a light dat’s comin’ outta dat tree!

Duz someone live dere? Could it be an elf?
Da cookie ones—not da ones from da shelf.

I moseys on over to git a closer look
Are dere elves in dere who know how to cook?

I looks in da door and what do I see?
Der is an elf livin’ in dat tree!!!

But sadly, he ain’t da kind what bakes
Dere will be no cookies, no biskits, no cakes

He’s a guvmint elf dat’s who he be
Jeff Sessions is livin’ inside of dat tree!

Has da Prezdent sent him dere or is he hidin’?
I’s heard da Donald on tv him chidin’….

Sumthin’ bout him himself recoozin…
Don’t know what dat means, it is like excoozin’?

Cuz I’s always thawt that’s da polite thing to do
Like when ya farts or chews up a shoe

Don’t know if he’s just hidin’ dere in dat tree
Just wishin’ he’d bake up some cookies fur me!


I think I likes dese poem things almost as much as my limericks.... I'll have to do more of dese....




Thought I would include a pic of yours truly.... 



 and a couple of Brinley modeling her new dress dat Momma made her fur her birthday... dis is da side with cowgirls on it....



I'll see ya guys tomorrow when me and Brinley show ya whut's bloomin' in Momma's garden fur Flower Friday.


Bark ya later, gators....














24 comments:

  1. I love the new name and look of your blog. It is cool Happy belated birthday. Your poem and the picture made us LOL. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya writes da funniest poems big sisfur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kinley.... I's been told I has a wicked sense of humor, bol, bol!

      Delete
  3. BOL!! We loved your poem Finley(and that is a beautimous dress Brinley)!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finley you sure know how to write funny poetry, BOL, BOL! Petcretary almost choked when she saw the big red elf...Bwahhahahaha!
    Brinley, now if Finley would teach you how to write poems, I wonder what yours would be like:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can imagines my surprise when I saw him in dat tree!!! bol, bol

      Delete
  5. oooh I hope it's not the one from the shelf... butt on the other hand somewhere he has to wait for christmas, right... so maybe that tree is his summernation place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I think it's his hidin' frum da Orange One place....

      Delete
  6. We're thinking it would be perhaps no bad thing if Jeff Sessions took to baking cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my cats Finley your poetry is sure to make you a contender for Poet Laureate.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fantastic poem. You had us laughing all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BOL! we sure enjoyed your poem!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. ewe dawgz haza way with poemz...we give thiz 984 bark out loudz.....that mite knot reel lee sound like barkz.....but...ewe noe ~ ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tabbies!! Maurice da cat used to bark jest like Whitley sumtimes-- or like a cat barkin' like Whitley... so I knows whut ya means!

      Delete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....