Friday, May 6, 2016

We're in trubble.....

Least dat's whut Daddy sez. See him and my Momma were talkin'... she wuz sayin' dat when dey gits a new dog fur Whit's momma it seems my Momma wants a puppy too... Well, dat's not da point. Da point is how Momma sed she guessed I wud be da one now to teach da new kids how fings iz dun. And dat's when Daddy sed... Oh, s**t (insert HBO werd here), we're in trubble now... and dey chuckled.

Whut da woof, Daddy? Don't ya fink I's capabull of fillin' da job of Head of Ranch Securitee?? I can bark da mailman-- in fact, I wuz da one dat tawt Whit it were a gud thang to do.... and I can teach da pups dat when ya gots a wet canvas outside.... well, it are perfecktly ackceptabull to use da dry carpet inside... and dat da proper way to gits a belly rub are to jump up in somebuddy's lap, give 'em a lil growl, den a lil kissie, and den flip ovfur so's dey can rub yer belly. And ya furgits I's a Master at Doggie Yoga.. or Doga as I calls it... I can teach 'em how to twist and turn and contort demselves so dey can reach any spot on der bodies dat needs gnawin' on...

Whut? Dose aren't da attriboots ya wants passed on? Whut about woofin' yer noms down fast so's ya can polish off somebuddy else's? Or makin' Daddy move his feets 20 bajillion times a nite so's ya can git comfy? Or twerkin' like Miley so's ya can scritch dat itch on yer belly?

Huh? Dat's whut ya means by sayin' "we're in trubble now"?

I guess most of ya pups know dat now dat my Bff, Whitley, has crossed ovfur to da land of Infinite eggie weggies, bacon, and smashed taters---- she left me in charge. Guess dat is whut has Daddy worried... he's afeered I'll pass on some notty habits to da pupses. But I'm a gud girl-- when I wants to be... it's just dat I don't wants to be as often as I shud.

Guess I'll have to step up my game... which means I'll have to butt bite my secremetary so dat she write regular entries fur me... And she will really have to step up her game cuz she ain't bin havin' no game at all lately... (not evfun soccer... snore... zzzzz... I means it's just a bunch of guys runnin' round wiffout scorin' most of da time... like bein' at a singles bar full of nerds er sumthin'). And she also better make me more cute outfits so's I can be a bedder fashionista.

Yikes, takin' on Whit's responsibillitees in addishun to mine is eggshaustin'... or will be fur Momma... bol, bol.


Here's a song in honor of my bestest buddy.... sung by a favorite of ours, Mr. Willie Nelson....


Today I's feelin' da loss of my Bff and feelin' kinda blue... so I thought I'd write a triboot to her, tell y'all all about her and me and our furiendship.



It all started when Whit moved to LA to be wiff her Momma... well, my Momma missed Whitley sumthin' awful, so dey got me. A couple months later, Whit came home fur a visit... and well, let's just say dat she were not dat happy to see a usurper to her throne in da castle. Momma used to say "Elvis has entered da buildin'..." cuz Whit would give me a curled lip snarl sumtimes when I bugged her too much.. not that it stopped me from buggin' her. See, I thought she wuz wunnerful, and followed her 'round evfurrywhere.


But she gots to where she liked me, and we became Bffs....



I usta like to take a nap with my head on her fanny like in dis photo below... hadn't dun it in years, but I did it agin on our road trip to Kerrville and agin last week...


Daddy always called us sisfurs... now actually, I guess I was Whit's aunt, but we went wiff da sisfur thang...


I owes Whitley so much... she taught me how to scruff (somehow I hadn't picked dat one up from my fur Mama or littermates), how to bark most evfurrythang (well, except da mailman-- I taught her dat one, for sum reazun, she had bin givin' him a pass), and how to play da game of pool ball... Miss Whitley loved da game of pool ball like a lot of pupses like to fetch... it was her favoritest thang to do... that and swimmin'.... 







Anudder thang she tawt me to do was "Westie Party".... dat's when me and Whit would lay on our backs and do da Gator... I'll miss dat.... nuthin' like it to take care of dat itchy feelin' ya gits on yer back sumtimes...



Me and Whit... we wuz bffs, dere's no doubt 'bout dat... and I just wanted to share wiff y'all sum of our togefur photos....










I luvs ya to da moon and back... times elebenty bajillion, Whit... always have and always will... Best Furiends Furevfur.... so here's one of da lastest photos my Momma took of Whit on da S.S. Whitley wiff her Momma on Wednesday....



I'll try to make ya prouds, buddy.... I'll work on eatin' more lady-like (but if it's extra yummy, I ain't guaranteein' nuthin'), I'll bark more, I'll try to keeps yer Momma company cuz I knows how much she misses ya.... all of us duz... 


Well, I's gonna go to sleep wiff yer Momma, Whit.... ya knows Travis ain't one fur cuddlin' at bedtime and she needs sum company... 




Bark ya later, gators....













48 comments:

  1. Our hearts are breaking for you and your family, Finley. It's so hard losing your bestest friend. Huge hugs for all of you♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly & Mackie... she's taken a big part of our hearts wiff her...

      Now knowin' Whit-- if she has a paw in pickin' out da nextest pups dat cum here, I afeered it's payback time fur me!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tribute Finley, you are making your BFF proud already.
    Sending you all lots and lots of luffs and hugs, we'll miss dear Whitley loads over here
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Princess Leah....all y'all's good thoughts 'bout her sure mean a lot to us.

      Delete
  3. Crikey Finley ... Thanks for sharing all those pics! You two sure we're best buddies, aye. You'll make Whitley proud Finley. She'll be watching your every move and helping you out if you get in strife with the new little ones when they arrive. I'm glad you're sleeping with Whitleys Momma tonight Finley. She's going to be awful sad for a while. You too, aye Finley? You'll be good for one another right now, aye? Take care Finley πŸ’•πŸΎπŸŒΊ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie, I'll do me bestest to makes her proud...

      Delete
  4. Thank fur sharin yur trip down membrey Lane.
    Good times yu BFFs had.
    Sending luv frum my place to all uv yu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitley would be honored by your tribute. Mommy hasn't stopped crying since she heard about Whitley but is happy to know she and Weenie have already met up at the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell yer Momma to try to remember her wiff smiles... cuz she wuz a smiley pup and made people smile... I know we is tryin' to do dat... we ain't alwayz succeedin', but we're tryin'....

      Delete
  6. Hari OM
    OH Finley, Blogville is feeling the loss of Whitley along with you; Sending all the capital 'ell' Love pawssible to you and the mummas. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you would be the bestest teacher ever... And that was nice to invite me to a trip on da memory lane... hugs to you and your pawrents and a BIG one to whitleys mom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give her a hug fur ya, Easy... and a kissie, too....

      Delete
  8. We loved seeing all the pictures of you and Whitley together! What fun. That's the stuff to remember. We have another day of wispy Whitely clouds, so we're keeping an eye out for her up in doggie heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beeyoutifull sunny day here, so we's gonna git sum sunshine time in... Whitley loved bein' outside in nice weather and I duz, too...

      Delete
  9. Our mommy loooooves that pic of you Texas gals in the bluebonnets...you's both so beauteous! Mommy says dat yeah, the angel pups must cackle up dere at da Bridge when dey is pickin' out da next pups to come into our famblees. A'course, it's partly Mommy's fault since she told Tigger to send a pup with Westietude just like her...and den came all 3 pounds of terrierist dat wuz me! So, keep yer guard up, Finley! I's not worried, tho, 'cause you'll be great at dis trainin' thing...whether it's what yer famblee WANTS the pup(s) to know or not...bol bol bol! Mommy teared up at you sayin' you were gonna cuddle with Whitley's momma...Mommy knows dat meant a lot to Miss Kim. We's thinkin' of y'all and sendin' big hugs.
    Yer Ohio gal pal,
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darby... and you give dat Mommy of yers a big ole Texas-sized kissie and hug from me...

      Delete
  10. finley....we iz troo lee sorree bout yur bestie...sisturr....aunt...whitley ♥♥♥ we noe ya iz gonna mizz her sum thin feerce; but....never ever forgetz her will all wayz bee rite bye yur side....her mommas two.....ya mite knot "see her" like ya can see de bacon samich N stuff like that.....but herz ALL WAYZ gonna bee rite bye yur sidez....promize on that....

    N yur tribute ta her waz total lee awesum, thanx for sharin & thanx for sharin theeze fotoz.....they all rock....whitley iz proud ta call ewe BFF....we noe her sendz her love ~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tabbies.... sendin' luv to all yer family, too, and loads of salmon, trout, and tuna fer da week-o-end!

      Delete
  11. You're so nice to take care of her momma. We all miss her and will always remember her sunnin..in the pool.
    I know you will be terrific teaching a new pup!!
    Our hearts hurt with you guys's hearts!!

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oreo... dat's really sweet of y'all....

      Delete
  12. What a lovely and heartfelt tribute to your sisfur and BFF, Finley.
    Our hearts are heavy here, too, as we so miss Whitley, we can only imagine how t must be fur all of you.

    We know you and with the help of your kitty furblings are taking on a big job to help in the comforting work...but be brave and strong, they need it, OK?

    New Pup(pies)?? OMD!! That sounds like a lot of mlre hard work, BOL!
    But you can and will get er done, right??
    Woofs!!

    Here are some more licks, wags, headbonks and purrs. Growlmy adds tons of big hugs.

    (((((((((( ♥ ♥ ♥ ))))))))))
    MJF, Pipo, Minko & Petcretary Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freckles, kitties, and Growlmy fur all da luv...

      Yeah, puppies do sound like a lotta work... but ya knows I'm up to keepin' dem in line... bol, bol!

      All dat housebreakin' stuff is sumbuddy else's problem....hee hee....

      Delete
  13. Finley...bless you little Texas Heart. It is so hard to lose a life long friend. I know for a fact Angel Whitley knew how much you loved her and she was happy to teach you all she knew.
    Mom says we should always thank those who came before us BECAUSE they are the ones who paved the path in gold to our peeps hearts.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in my case, I's 'specially grateful... cuz before Whitley, my folks had basset hounds... it wuz cuz of her dat dey discovered da joy of being owned by a terrier!

      Delete
  14. Oh Finley, thank you so much for telling us your stories about getting to know Whitley, and sharing all those wonderful photos of the two of you. You have done your BFF Whitley proud. And although this is a sad post I have to let you know that Gail is still laughing about soccer being like a bar-room full of nerds.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ya gots to admit, it can be a snoozefest... I'd rather run around chasin' a ball dan watch sum hoomans do it... and when dey gits it, do dey pick it up? Nope!! Dey kick it away... Reedikulus!

      Delete
  15. We just love hearing all your BFF Whitley stories, we know you are going to miss her tons. We also think that she will be the angel whispering in your ear when you are "training" the "NewDogs"....we kind think that is another reason your Daddy thinks you are in trubble now ;-)!
    Lots of Love,
    Dory(Jakey, Arty & Bilbo too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ya could have a point dere... like Whit hated vacuums... had 2 kills to her credit... try as she might, I nevfur shared her hatred of 'em... now if she sent TWO vacuum killin' pups... well, dat could git expensive!

      Delete
  16. Finley, we know you'll pass on all that Whitley Wisdom to any new pups! You two have done a great job training your families. We were so sorry to hear about Whitley (we've just been to her blog)but we're glad that there are plans for more pups to enjoy the good life! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We really enjoy hearing your stories about Whitley and know that it must be very lonely for you right now. But, we know that Whitley will be your angel looking on and helping you with your new responsibilities. Hugs to you all. xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful special memories of Whitley! We just love the pool ball. We been thinking of you and the mommas all day and sending lots of pug love and hugs
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do appreciamatate all da luv and hugs... it helps, ya know?

      Delete
  19. Aww, Finley dat was a bewtifur tribute for Whitley. Thank goodness you gots lots of learning and training done..you sure are gonna be one busy girl. stay close to Kim and give her lots of love and snuggles, you both need each other so much right now, the both of you will get through this time together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finley... when the Newbe comes.... you just teach her what you want her to know... and don't worry about what the PEEPS want... YOU know BEST... You learned from the Mistress of DO IT MY WAY... AKA Miss Whitley... ... will you use the Cheese fur Pees training like I did with Ernie ? It worked like a charm, I tell ya.
    OH and da BARKING... you gotta get right on that one... from the furst seconds... and the THIS is MINE... THAT is MINE.. OH, and so is everythingy else... that way SHE won't take Everythingy fur herself....
    Finley... you are gonna make Whitley PROUD. We just KNOW it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful tribute to your BFF. Hugs to you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hailey & Zaphod & yer Momma...

      Delete
  22. We're so sad to say goodbye to Whitley. I'm glad you are still there to help her momma feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave her lotsa westie kissies and snuggles yesterday and today... she's my back-up Momma and I luv her lots... sumtimes when yer sads, it helps to try to make sumone else smile...

      Delete
  23. TWO puppies? Did I read dat right? I's gonna have to put up wif TWO puppies???? OMC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Whut da woofs?

      Wait... dat means 3 cats, 3 dogs... hmmm... da numbers evfun out!

      Delete
  24. Hope you guys are doing ok over there! Thinking of you. xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We's doin' okays... my Momma is kept bizee cuz dey's startin' to remuddle our kitchen on Monday...so she's got to pack it up... and Whit's Momma's been bizee cuz she doin' stuff fur my Momma fur Mudder's Day... but I can tell dey is sadz...

      Delete
  25. That's a beautiful tribute to Whitley. We are hurting with y'all. πŸ’” I'm sure Finley will be a great teacher. She learned from the best. Sending our love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We think this was a most beautiful tribute to Whitley. We always wondered if you were litter mates. Now we know! You looked so much alike in some pics. I bet it's super comforting for Kim to have you to snuggle with.

    Good luck with getting a puppy sibling. I hope your parents pick a better one than mine did when they picked Macy! BOL!

    *ear licks*
    Noodle

    ReplyDelete
  27. The two of you were like two peas in a pod doing things together. I know you are missing your BFF something terrible. So till the new ones come your got double duty ~ take care Finley. We loved seeing those pics of the happy times.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....