Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Finally... a post! And a farewell to a gud furiend, Puff Darby....


Howdy, pals... long time no bark. Part of dat is cuz I wuz deserted by my Momma and Daddy last week. 

Yep, dey just up and left me and Crockett all on our lonesum, to starve and die of loneliness......

Well, okay, dey left us wiff Whitley and Travis and der Momma, Kim, to take care of us (and Ally and Angelique were here too.)



So we wuzn't alone eggsactly.

But we wuz deserted. At furst I thought we wuz gonna be desserted wiff 2 "esses" and I wuz hopin' fur Key Lime Pie or Lemon Merr-ang.... but no such luck.

We had to go into Whit's room at night and share her Momma. She is Backup Momma, or Momma #2 as I calls her... Crockett figgered it out real qwick and we startin' suckin' up, I mean cozyin' up to her right away... Hey, when ya is deserted by yer folkses, ya gots to find who is in charge of da fud supply and make sure ya gits yer rashuns, ya know? Her room looked like Grand Central Stayshun fur cats and dogs...bol, bol... like a giant sleep-ovfur fur critters..


Momma and Daddy went to Key Biscayne, Florida... Daddy had sum bizzeeness dere and Momma went along fur sum unknown reezun... I mean, dere is no reezun gud enuff to leave yers truly and Crockett, too, ya know?

Here's sum photos frum Florida... 'pparently dey grows da lizards real big down dere.... like dey is a foot of two feets long!!! Wouldn't doze be fun to chase and bark? Did she bring us back one as a soo-veneer? NO. She did not. Da nerve of dat woman. NO sooveneers at all.  Humphhh....











Apparently, dere wuz a storm dere Saturday night.... 


But it cleared da beach off fur Sunday...


I told Momma dat da next beach she goes to she better take me and Whitley and it better have bigger waves and more burds fur us to bark at dan dis beach did... and maybe sum crabs or other critters to dig up...

Whitley luvs diggin' in da sand-- she becomes one sandy mess, dat's fur shure!



Oh a very sad note, our gud buddy, who we has known fur years frum Dogster and now is here on Blogger, Puff Darby or Puffy is goin' to da Rainbow Bridge... if y'all could go by his page and say yer good-byes, well, dat would help his folks at dis difficult time. 

We is gonna miss ya, Puffy



Bark ya later, gators....

37 comments:

  1. Finley, really, it doesn't sound like you had such a very bad time, despite the abandonment. But we are sorry about your friend Puffy.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You duzn't unnerstand da depth of my despair, Bertie... I kept goin' to my folkses' room and lookin' fur dem and whinin' until I implemented Backup Momma Plan and snuggled up next to Whit's momma...

      but I had to SHARE her wiff Whitley and Travis in addishun to Crockett...Bad enuff I has to share Momma #1 wiff Crockett.... I duzn't like to share, no sirree.

      Delete
  2. I just wanna know when da ham are gonna get here. I mean, dey wuz in My-Hammy after alls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She coulda brought sum ham home... Cuban food often has ham in it, she told me... dey probably ate it all themselves...

      Delete
  3. Being abandoned is NEVER good....even if you are with someone's momma. Good thing you knew to get cozy with the food dispenser. We think your pawrents would have had much more fun on the beach with their favourite furkids...just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes a real gud Momma #2-- and me and Crockett have still been sittin' wiff her sumtimes instead of Momma... serves her right...hee hee...

      Delete
  4. Leap in the suitcase next time Finley, that looks like a great place to visit!
    Oh and I WANTS to haf my very OWN lizard!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wants one, too, Leah...wouldn't dey be fun to chase?

      Delete
  5. what? no souvenir? not even that fabulous green dragon? that's not fair :o)
    but I'm glad your mom #1 is back and you can enjoy some good summer days together.
    It's sad to hear that you lost a friend... I'm sorry for Puffy and her furmily, I send hugs and potp...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no green dragon, nuthin' at all....

      Poor lil Puffy, we'll all miss him.. he luved toys and stuffies as much as me...

      Delete
  6. Nuthin frum the Key place? That is way so rong!
    Daddy broted me sum elk jerkey frum the las' trip to my farm. An yes, it is real close to the 4 corners an Mommy hopes to go to the NM rancho to visit with Puff's pawrents sumtime.

    Fly hi an strong lil Puff Darby Dood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy is frum Arizona and we've been through that area lotsa times (NM and AZ) when Whitley lived in LA -- real purdy part of the country...

      Puffy and Coco Rose will be fightin' over stuffies up dere, ya just knows it!

      Delete
  7. OMD you were DESERTED... that is TERRIBLE... We are glad that they are HOME now...

    SO VERY VERY sorry to hear about PUFFY...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they is gonna desert me, dey could dessert me, ya know??

      Delete
  8. THANK GOODNESS YOU HAD CROCKETT TO KEEP YOU COMPANY.

    RUN FREE PUFFY..WE ARE SORRY TO READ ABOUT HIS PASSING
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madi.

      Yeah, Crockett are a purdy gud cat and keeps me company a lot... course as many of us as were in Whitley's Momma's bed, company wuz da least of my worries!!!

      Delete
  9. Good thing you had Momma #2 to take care of you! OUr peeps can't leave us cause we have no one to stay with us Bwaa haaaaa! Sorry about your furiend
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly rekkomend a backup Momma... dey comes in handy at times...

      Delete
  10. OMD!! Pierre would love to chase those ginormous lizards. I still cannot believe that you did not get a souvenir. What is up with that? They need to give you extra treats for being slighted. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fine trip your Momma had...but yes you should have been allowed to go to experience all those sights and critters fur your self!

    So sad about dear Puffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It are sad, Freckles... we's lost too many Dogster pals lately...

      And I agree, us pups should gitta go along next time!

      Delete
  12. We get deserted sometimes too, not desserted:( We don't like it either, but the Mom usually brings us back something special (to bribe us). We hope you get to go to the beach next time too.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time it's supposed to be a trip fur me, Whit and our Mommas....in September I thinks...

      Delete
  13. finley....we wuz troo lee enjoyin de fotoz...til we getted ta ...that....one.......

    anyway, glad yur peepulz hada fun fun time, sorree bout de sue veneer stuff tho

    we R all sew veree sorreeta lurn bout yur pup pal puffy ♥♥♥ ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so glad you survived your being left alone. It was probably touch and go, huh? Did we see the GEICO guy in that picture? We are sorry about your pal Puffy. It is always sad to lose a furend to the bridge!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.. think dat eegwana could eat dat gecko from Geico... since he was about 2+ feets long...

      Way too many of our furiends from Dogster been passin' lately-- 4 in da last month...

      Delete
  15. ABANDONED?????!!!! OMD, that is HORRIBLES Finley!!!! Having to share Whitley's Moms and stuffs??? I am sooooo glads you survived!!!!! though, it does look like your Moms had a FABulous time in Florida!!! Those pics are BEAUTIFULS!!!! I bets she even gots margaritas!!!! Oh, wait, they probably drink mojitos there, huh? Wells, those are DELISH too!!!
    Anyhu, I'm so sorry to hears about your pal Puffy. She sure sounded like a sweetie. Sendin' {{hugs}}} to you and her pack.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did some mojitos and 'ritas, too she sez....

      Puffy was a sweetie... I know his folks will miss him...

      Delete
  16. Oh no..! If you were abondoned,, I hope plenty of snacks and treats and food was close by. You must have had a busy job making sure the boogie man did not get into your house!
    I am sorry about your dear friend Puff.. Sad hearts make us cry- right? I know he was loved,, and a new star is in the sky,,,, yes,, I saw it,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tweedles.. and yeah, Whitley's Momma kept us in treatz and eatz...

      Delete
  17. The holiday pictures look very nice!

    We are also very sad about Puff Darby. I bet Coco Rose is already bossing him around the Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We nominated you for da Eight Photos of Happiness challenge - ya can see the guidelines here. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....