Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND UDDER STUFF.......

Furst of all, Happy 2015!!!
We ended 2014 wiff a different trio of kitties dan we started wiff (only Travis is still wiff us) It were real sad losin' Jezebel and Maurice to da Rainbow Bridge dis year (and Charlie in 2013 )... here's hopin' dat 2015 sees evfurrybuddy here happy and healthy and full of vim and vigor!!

Here's my New Year's photo... I wuz wishin' Whit's Momma would hurry up and give me da cookie...


As ya can see, da ear on da left (my right) are gittin' bedder... it's startin' to stand back up. So I guess ole Santa came thru fur me... plus, I gots lotsa toys and clothes, so's I's not complainin....

Da kittens wuz funny on Chrissymus... dey liked da boxes best of all... can you spot Crockett???


Chrissymus wuz a lot of fun, and I evfun had Momma take a picture of da furst round of bakin', so's you could see whut I wuz talkin' 'bout before...



Startin' wiff da bundt cakey thing in da upper left corner, dat are a Bacardi rum cake, made wiff, of course, Bacardi rum and pecans...goin' in  a clockywise direcshun, next are Sandies, also known as Mexican wedding cakes, then Tollhouse cookies, peanut butter blossoms, pumpkin bread, lemon tea bread, and da brittles-- peanut and pecan. In da middle are da Spritz cookies... dey seemed to confuserate sum pups da most.... dey are a butter cookie and made wiff a cookie press... If yer Momma's is interested, dis are da recipe dat Momma uses, it are whut her Momma used, and it are da recipe of da former furst Lady of da USA, Mamie Eisenhower.  All I knows is dat it are yummy-- yeah, I gots a coupla of dem... lucky me!!!


All dose yummies is now gone, and Momma are gonna make sum more goodies, but she are gonna wait until Friday.. See, Whit's Momma and my Daddy are gonna go down to San Antonio to see UCLA play at da Alamadome in da bowl game dere on Friday... dey are gonna eat some great Mexican food, see sum football, and Whit's momma will git sum Margaritas... my Momma are gonna watch us pups, and Crockett & Travis...

Speakin' of Crockett & Travis... dese two are sumthin' else... just look at dis picfur.... whut a bromance dese two has....

Angelique are doin' gud... in fact, I fink she are gonna rule dose two... big surprise....not. bol, bol....


Right now, dat lil princess stole MY momma's lap... whut da woof? I already has to shares wiff Crockett... and Momma cleaned her ears dis mornin'.... ya fink she might still be mads er sumthin'... but no, she are loungin' in Momma's lap. 


Where are I supposed to sit??? hmmmmmmm..............

If any of ya read Whitley's New Year's resolutions on da 31st, ya saw how it included more barkin'... repeatedly. So considerin' dat, I thought I'd write some of my own...

FINLEY'S NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FUR 2015...
1.  Get sum earplugs
2. Steal sum more cat food
3. Kill more varmints.
4. Git Whitley to quit " checkin' fur zombies underground" and git to walkin' on our walks
5. Beg Momma fur earplugs
6. Git more treats
7. Guard Momma's lap from zombies.... and lil gurl cats
8. Steal sum cotton to make my own earplugs
9. Guard da barbeque ( I already duz this, but why not resolve to do dat which ya luvs to do?)
10. Give up barkin' cuz why bother?? Whitley has it covered.

Bark ya later, gators.........



44 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Finley
    Best wishes for a great 2015 to you sweetie, your Push-T-Cats and your Peeps. Looking forward to hearing all your adventures in 2015
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanks, Leah, and Happy 2015 to you and yer folks!!!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you and your wonderful furmily! Ear plugs are a good idea, think I will get it too, that makes it easier to deal with my staff :o)
    Easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wuz barkin' when Whit did dis affernoon, so Momma sez I needs to werk on #10... 'specially cuz we wuz "barkin at nuthin"....

      I sez... whut do you know, Momma? Jest cuz you can't hear it, don't mean it ain't out dere...

      Delete
  4. That is so great that yur ear is standin back up! Let's hope all yur durn skin problemos go away an stay gone, or at least stop tormentin yu so much.
    Hmm, those Spritz cookies? Wuz Mrs. E. the furst person to make those famous, I wunner? Mommy's mommy wud make Spritz cookies an she did luv those E. peepoles.

    Those 2 silly yeller cats! They are the pair.

    Happy New Year to all of yu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't knows if Mrs. Ike made 'em famous in da 50s, but I kinda thinks so... da recipe Momma's Momma used said " Ike's favorite cookie"... all I know is dey is yummy!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year cutie pie! Hope you get dose much needed earrie pwugs! Our family sends you and your furmily best wishes fur a GWATE 2015! Wubz, Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie!! Happy 2015 to you and yer family!!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your family from Magic and our family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magic!! Happy New Year-- I hope yer 2015 is wunnerful!!

      Delete
  7. Glad you're ear is starting to stand up again! Good ole Santa. That's a lot of kitties you live with...we'd bark at them. We don't really know any cats up close.

    Lots of great food at your house. SHE doesn't bake....much.

    We hope you year is full of fun, treats, good health and adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bella, Roxy & Dui!! I's hopin' y'all have a great 2015, too!

      We're usta da cats.. always have had at least one 'round here... they can come in real handy, counter surfin' fur us, knockin' down goodies where we can gits 'em... us Westies is like you Scotties, kinda height-disabled when it comes to counter-surfin'......One time, Jezebel snagged a spare rib and brought it down to da floor to share wiff me!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year to you and yours, Finley!

    Great list you made...and yummy treats too!
    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead of ear plugs maybe you can get some of those nice headsets the cut out noise? Happy New Year!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crikey Finley ..... thanks for showin' us those biscuits and stuff. They look good enough to eat, aye?? Your Momma's lucky she can still get the ingredients for that Eisenhower recipe, aye. It must be ancient.
    You sure got a good lot of those resolution things going on. Has the French tart REALLY taken over your Momma's lap????? I told you to watch her. Glad your ears feelin' a bit better.
    Crikey I hope 2015 is a great year for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have set some great resolutions for 2015. Mom pinned your recipe cuz she loves those cookies. Does your mama make the peanut/pecan brittle. That made mom drool. (It was not attractive) Have a wonderful New Year! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Momma makes all dat stuff... her Momma taught her how and she is teachin' Whitley's Momma...

      Delete
  13. Oh Finley, da secon mama sawd dat furst pichur her sed, "yu bedder tell dat grrrl, how bloomin cute she is!" So i'm heer ta tell yu, it made mama laff hard. an i liked it lots too.

    but Finley, you got twoo minny of dose cats in yer howse! i doan no how yu stand fur it. huh? oh... mama sez i juss bein my spoiled only furkid seff. i sowry...
    ok, HAPPY NEW YEER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da kitties leaves us pups be, most of da time... and sumtimes ya gits to snag kitty foods!!

      Delete
  14. Pawsome resolutions!

    Happy New Year!

    Wag on,
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  15. finley...way awesum how ewe made yur commint on whitley's blog !! rockin !!

    heerz two a burd free, happee, healthee N blessed 2015 ♥♥♥♥♥

    heerz two a grate week oh end filled with sun, salmon & sghetti ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thanks, Tabbies!! I likes eatin' burds, though... look at it dis way-- it kills more burds, me eatin' 'em!

      Delete
  16. Finwey! Habby Nu Yeer tu yu an' tu yur hole fambly, tu. Yeah, eben all dose darn kitties yu wive wif! BOL :D I hab a feewin' dat Angelwik r gonna stir fings up!!

    An' whut da heck r bim an' bigour??? Sum kinda med'cine?? I awweady ged 2 shots/week an' a pill at dinner. Oy bey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just means good health, Zaidie... only one pill? I gits 2 squirts of my allergen junk after both meals and about 6 or 7 pills crammed down my throat twice a day... all dose holy-istik things, vitamins, etc... pills, pills, pills!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, Finwey. Yu got it WAY werser dan I hab., sweet gurl! I hope yu r duin' ok.

      Delete
    3. I gits by, Zaidie-- udder dan da itchies, I's purdy healthy...

      Delete
  17. We hope you have a wonderful 2015 with LOTS of earplugs (we here Whitney likes to bark a little ;-))!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is always best to replace kitties if they are not working out We love your resolutions. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replace kitties?? We've nevfur done dat. We lost some kitties last year-- Jez wuz almost 21 and died from old age and Maurice, he were young, he got FIP-- dere ain't nuthin' dey can do fur dat.
      Our kitties is irreplaceable...we luvs 'em all!

      Delete
    2. Oh I know you wouldn't replace them. Just kidding. Kitties are good friends.

      Delete
  19. Sounds like some fun New Years resolutions!

    -living chemical free

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year Finley. So pleased your ear is getting better.
    Wishing you all the best for 2015 and the Battle for Mom's Lap…
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bertie!! I's won it tonight-- I've got it all to myself!!

      Delete
  21. Can ya get your momma to get me some earplugs too?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 2015 BFF! But what are dis stuff bout earplugs? And gettin me to quit checkin for underground zombies?? Dey's dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right... but so is bein' drug on yer walk instead of walkin'...bol!

      Delete
  23. FINLEY WHAT A FINE PAWTY YOU ALL HAD TOO!
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....