Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Showers... and tornadoes!!

Well, we didn't get a tornado-- but a town just up the road, McKinney got one. A friend of my Daddy's (anudder stereo nut, I mean "aficionado") lives in McKinney and was sending Dad texts of the damage to the house two doors down from him-- well, what wuz left of da house!! Some other small towns suffered some damage, too-- and some places got hail.

We didn't even get enough rain to water the lawn...Momma had to go back out after da storm and turn da sprinklers back on!! We only gets to water da lawn ev'ry udder week cuz of some mus-cue-lar zebras or sumthin' cloggin' up some pipes from one lake to anudder... how zebras fit inta da pipes is beyond me....

Dey is buildin' a pipeline from Lake Texoma to da water plant down near here but it aren't done yet. So if you skip your waterin' day, ev'rything could die and da would ruin Momma's gardens.

Today it were cooler, only 69 fur da high, and we gots us a nice walk. It were sunny and we didn't spy any zombiez on our patrol-- well, maybe some skwirrel zombiez and a Cat-a-hula dog that looked like it might be a zombie...I mean what kinda dog is named after hulaing cats? I ain't nevfur even seen a cat do the hula... da Mommaz has some hula exorcise tapes, but da cats always sleep thru dem, they don't pawticipate... in fact, Whit and me do more hulaing than da kitties duz...

Momma trimmed my hairs recently... she said I wuz lookin' kinda unkempt cuz I had been itchy and scritched off some of my furs a coupla months ago... so she trimmed me up. Here's a pic...


I's been told by Whit's Momma dat dis cut makes me look younger. Hmmm.....

Well, dat's all for now-- da weather dis weekend is supposed to be kinda cloudy and rainy on Sunday. Yuckers!


Bark ya later, gators!



18 comments:

  1. I do fink dat Cat-a-hula dog were a zombie since kitties do not do da hula. I were disappointed bout not gettin a baff after my momma said "tub time" when da tornado warning first came on da TV. It stinks.

    By da way, congrats! I has given you da Sunshine Award! Go to my blog to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yu do look puppyish with yur hairs shorterened.

    Did yu haveta hunker in the tub with no water? Glad that tornupado din't visit yur place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom thought dat I was looking unkempt too and I got my furs cut. I have da process… but like lookin good like you.
    So glad you didn't get all twisted up. Say safe.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you are just super cute!!!!! Thanks for linking up to the pet parade!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think you look VERY handome.

    We also feel sad for the peeps and dogs that lost homes or got damage during the tornado (glad it missed you, though).

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finley!

    We is happy dat da tornado did not mess wif you, we wuz worried 'bout all of our Texas furiends liven' near dose storms.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    PeeS Lookin' good after your fur cut too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those tornados sound mighty scary dude!! I'm sure glads no one was hurt!
    I loves your furs!! You do look mighty handsome, I must say!! *wink, wink* BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tornadoes do sound scarey. You are cute and that cut does make you look puppyish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those 'roided up zebras is a problem I hears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure glad that tornado didn't come to visit you. You do look very spiffy with your little hair cut. Hope all of you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That storm was bad. I live a couple of towns north of McKinney and I was scared. Doc and his family stayed at our house incase we had to get in the storm shelter so glad it missed us.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey .... you got everything in Texas. Zebras? Fair dinkum? You look VERY youthful with your new hair cut Finley. Glad that tornado didn't get to your house. They are terrible things, aye? Do most people that live in those areas have those underground things like in the Wizard of Oz? I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD! Tornadoes are too scary, and they make me angry...well the thunder noise does, so I has to make my own loud noises to them...aka barking at them.

    You sure look cute there, Finley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad the storm is over and you are safe! And a very handsome fur cut you have there. Great to see you in the Pet Parade! ~Rascal and Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was scary that night we are glad you are safe and your dad's friend is safe.
    You look very young with that new hair cut.
    The water problem is bad and were sorry about your mom's garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tryin' to catch up with all the pals News before Gma leaves me to babysit Gpa...
    I don't mind,but wish I could go see Great-Gma too....If they buy that housie on wheels then I can...The storms have started and unfolding like it is going to be a very stormy year. Stay safe,little pal. kisses,mazy

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....