Monday, April 30, 2012

Fiesta Pooch Parade 2012!!


Well, pups, let me tells ya all about the Fiesta Pooch Parade! On Friday, Momma and me packed our bags and headed for Austin. We picked up Whitley and her Momma and we kepts goin' south-- down San Antonio way. That night Whit and me guarded the hotel room while Momma and Whit's Momma went to NIOSA (that means Night in Ole San Antonio-- which is one huge party packed with people downtown at La Villita and then they went to eat at a restaurant on the River Walk.
Bright and early the next mornin', we headed over the the Fiesta Pooch Parade. Momma wuz amazed cuz I wuz so excited about the Parade and all the pups that I didn't scratch myself even once for hours and hours... and Whitley, well, pups, you's gonna find this hard to believe.... "SHE SHUT HER YAPPER!!" Yeah, I know, shockin!!! We gots out of the car and Whit is all "BARK, BARK, BARK" all the way up the hill till we got to where all da pups wuz. Well, there wuz hundreds of pooches, and fer sum reason, dat made Whitley be quiet.
We looked and looked for our Dogster pals, Ebby and Ceeley but there wuz lots of dachsunds and we wuz thinkin' we wouldn't spot them. So's we headed back to the starting line and Momma spotted Ebby!!
There is no mistakin' that grin of Miss Ebby's! And Miss Ceeley-- I don't know what this bad press about grumpiness wuz cuz she wuz as nice as could be wid us! We sniffed noses and everyone wuz relieved we all liked each other! Well, duh, Mommas, we's Dogster buddies!! We also met Ceeley's brother who got to ride for the entire parade route! Lucky dog!

Well, some pups started the parade 'fore the "official start" so we's decided to head out. As we passed a policeman, he spoke into his radio "The dogs are on the move!!! The parade has unofficially started!!" BOL! BOL!

Almost right away, people were lining the parade route to gaze at our magnificence! And bestow treats upon us! They had set up watering stations all along the route and tossed goodies our way. I swear pups, the streets of San Antonio are paved in dog treats of so many kinds it boggled my lil pup mind! And lil kids wuz running out to pet us and admire us and give us more goodies! I thought I wuz dreamin' and never wanted to wake up!

One lady even let us choose from her basket of perfectly arranged goodies-- she wuz the Martha Stewart of the dog treat peeps with her artfully arranged treats!! Oh my dog!!

I gots to figger out how to get Momma to carry me up the steepest hill... Ceeley and Ebby have figgered how to work that angle and that carryin' looked pretty good!

After the parade, Momma and Whit's momma went to EZ's to get a lil lunch before headin' back to Austin. They had the patio all set up for pooches and gave us treatses and water and the Mommas got free sodas if ya had a dog with ya!

I tells ya, that San Antonio place sure likes us pups!!

Here's some pics....



Ceeley and Ebby's Momma





Miss Ceeley

Ceeley's brother

Whitley and me, paradin' down the street

Miss Ebby and her famous smile


A Pooch Parade Float


Bark ya later, gators!!

7 comments:

  1. Dat pooch parade was tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun was that?!?! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like tons of fun. I can only dream of a street paved with treats.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun ... my mom is from TX and tells my dad every now and then she wants to go back. We are gonna add the pooch parade to our list of "Why we want to live in Texas" As far as I can tell, there are no streets paved with dog treats in Southern California :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MY! How did we miss this post?? Mama loves San Antonio and the Riverwalk! It is a long, long way from NY, but we would have loved to go to the parade!! Sounds like you two had a blast!! And you even got to meet blog buddies! How cool is that?? We need to have a parade here!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiesta Pooch Parade sounds like so much fun.
    The dogs are on the move how observant of the officer. hehehe
    I wish I could have been there with you Finley.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete

Don't just mosey on, leave your brand by leavin' a comment....